In the late 18th century the present Grade II listed hospital building was called Morgan House. In 1863 it became home to the newly-married Duc de Chartres. In 1879 it was transformed into the West Heath School for Young Ladies. When the school moved in the 1930s the building became the Lawrence Hall Hotel for a brief period before being bought by the Cassel Foundation in 1947. The building currently functions as a Mental Health Unit of the West London Mental Health Authority.
Kenyon's contract was for the complete internal and external repair and refurbishment of the hospital building. Extensive repairs were undertaken to the building's joinery, masonry and roof structure. New electrical and mechanical systems were installed. The building was completely redecorated throughout, including the specialist re-guilding of existing guilded surfaces.
Limited access provided a challenge on this project. A more important issue involved working around the needs of the building's patients and other residents. Kenyon worked closely with nursing staff to minimise disruption to their day-to-day routines. This required a flexible approach by the contractor to ensure that the hospital's patients were protected from any unnecessary disturbance.